At Drug Free Sport, we’ve assembled a diverse team of professionals dedicated to administering the best sports drug-testing and education programs in the world. We work in a serious business as we tackle some of the biggest challenges in sport today. (Good news is, we’re big on fun, too.) Working here, your day-to-day efforts will not only impact your future, but sport’s as well.
Are you ready to join in on our mission to ensure fair game?
Drug Free Sport is committed to equal opportunity. In that spirit, we welcome your interest in our employment opportunities.
ONE (1) CURRENT OPEN POSITION:
POSITION: Phlebotomy Services Program Manager
This position is responsible for the day to day administration of Drug Free Sport’s blood testing programs. In combination with the Collector Development, Training and Certification Department, the program manager will identify individuals qualified to collect blood samples, develop and implement collection protocols and procedures for any client requesting blood collection services from Drug Free Sport, train qualified collectors in blood collection protocols and procedures, and manage the logistics of all testing events including the selection of testing sites, ordering of supplies, and laboratory communication. An emphasis will be placed on expanding the network of certified blood collection specialists and managing all logistics of blood testing operations.
This position will assist with the administration of the National Football League’s (NFL) Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances (PED). This position will maintain strong relationships with NFL athletic trainers and appropriate staff to help facilitate the collection process.
This position will manage logistics for Drug Free Sport’s blood testing programs including maintaining drug-testing supplies, shipping drug-testing supplies to collectors and clients, monitoring quality control and managing sample logistics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent service to Drug Free Sport clients. Maintain strong, positive working relationships and consistent communication with Drug Free Sport employees and independent contractors as part of a team-centered work environment.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Drug Free Sport’s blood testing programs for all clients:
- Provide 24/7 support to blood testing clients and Drug Free Sport independent collection contractors during scheduled testing events.
- Coordinate and communicate with the Collector Development, Training and Certification Department to identify, recruit and train qualified individuals to collect blood specimens per DFS and its client’s standards.
- Develop and maintain blood collection protocols and procedures for all blood testing clients.
- Perform selections of blood testing program sites and schedule player testing accordingly with appropriate parties.
- Serve as Drug Free Sport’s point of contact with inquiries concerning the blood collection program.
- Communicate testing plans (as appropriate) with blood testing client’s member team’s site coordinator and/or athletic training staff.
- Provide assistance with any/all blood testing programs annual drug-testing reports.
- Perform and/or coordinate on-site supervision and evaluation of blood testing program sites and blood collection specialists.
- Order and maintain blood testing supply inventory.
- Manage and track the shipment of all Drug Free Sport collected blood samples to the appropriate laboratory in accordance with cold chain of custody requirements.
- Assist in the administration of NFL PED drug testing programs, including:
- Provide 24/7 support to NFL, its member teams and Drug Free Sport independent collection contractors during scheduled testing events.
- Maintain strong relationships with NFL member team athletic training and security staff.
- Communicate testing plans (as appropriate) with NFL site coordinator and/or athletic training staff.
- Provide assistance with NFL PED program annual drug-testing reports.
- Maintain standard operating procedures related to the NFL PED programs for independent contractors.
- Assist with on-site evaluation of independent contractors when necessary.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of Drug Free Sport manuals related to the NFL PED program policies and procedures.
- Assist with shipping and tracking supply and drug-testing shipments.
- Assist in the management of quality control for all Drug Free Sport blood-testing programs, including:
- Maintain daily communication with collection contractors in the field.
- Monitor compliance with client collection protocols.
- Track shipments from the collection contractors to the applicable laboratory.
- Verify accurate and complete collection contractor reports.
- Investigate discrepancies related to collection contractor data submissions.
- Serve as a liaison between the Collector Development Department and the NFL Drug Testing Department to ensure compliance with training initiatives and documentation related to blood collection programs.
- Assist with internal technical support for office equipment and SCAN®.
- Conduct non-blood drug testing for Drug Free Sport clients from time-to-time as needed.
- Provide assistance on special projects and tasks as needed for all Drug Free Sport clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a time sensitive environment.
- Highly credible, ethical and persuasive interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (e.g., written, verbal, listening) individually, and in small and large groups.
- Highly motivated with passion for excellence. Must be organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel to perform collections, evaluate blood collections specialists, or attend required client meetings, including multiple overnight trips.
- Pass a background check, pre-employment drug test and transcript verification.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Phlebotomist certification or ability to acquire certification within one year of hire.
- Experience in athletic administration, athletic training/sports medicine, health education, biological/medical sciences, blood collection or related field.
- Working knowledge and operational knowledge of MS Office Suite and the Internet.
- Basic understanding of professional sports operations.
- Experience in sports drug testing and prevention.
Successful applicant must pass a background check, pre-employment drug test and transcript verification.
To apply, please electronically submit a cover letter, resume and list of references to:
attention Ryan Willis, Director of NFL PED Drug Testing
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE