At Drug Free Sport, we’ve assembled a diverse team of professionals dedicated to administering the best sports drug-testing and education programs in the world. We work in a serious business as we tackle some of the biggest challenges in sport today. (Good news is, we’re big on fun, too.) Working here, your day-to-day efforts will not only impact your future, but sport’s as well.
Are you ready to join in on our mission to ensure fair game?
Drug Free Sport is committed to equal opportunity. In that spirit, we welcome your interest in our employment opportunities.
CURRENT POSITION OPENINGS:
OPEN POSITION: Quality Assurance Specialist
The Quality Assurance Specialist will be primarily responsible for auditing and evaluating the quality of internal and external drug testing collection operations and administration. This position will also assist with other processes that monitor, measure, and evaluate operational, employee, and independent contractor excellence. This position may require up to 85% travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the development, implementation, and management of a proprietary performance management system and the organizational transition into that system.
- Record and analyze raw data to identify trends and assess root causes.
- Solicit and manage performance feedback; assist with investigating issues and addressing concerns.
- Plan, prepare, and coordinate internal and external audits.
- Conduct internal and external audits on collection contractors, operational departments, and employees to ensure compliance with DFS’s policies and procedures.
Documentation and Reporting
- Record and report findings from audits and evaluations; follow up as necessary.
- Recommend improvements or changes and oversee implementation of those action items in collaboration with other DFS staff.
- Maintain and update quality assurance files; periodically review files from other DFS departments to ensure that they meet established standards and are updated as required.
- Work with staff from operational departments to accurately develop, periodically review and revise policies, procedures, and workflows as necessary.
- Assist with the management of a document control system, as well as the creation, modification, approval, and release of controlled documentation.
- Work closely with the Director of Quality Assurance, various staff members with quality assurance job functions, and all DFS operational staff on quality initiatives.
- Provide assistance to DFS staff on special projects as necessary.
- Assist with training initiatives for employees and contractors related to quality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree required in business, quality control/assurance, or related field; advanced degree in law, business, or compliance preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel (both domestically and internationally).
- Highly motivated, hard-working, and efficient, with a passion for excellence.
- Extremely detail oriented with ability to think analytically and solve problems creatively
- Ability to manage multiple projects, address urgent issues, and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with excellent writing abilities.
- Ability to work well in a group, one-on-one, and independently when necessary; ability to coordinate company-wide initiatives.
- Ability to remain adaptable in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proficiency with MS Office computer software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug test, and transcript verification.
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in quality control, quality assurance, and compliance (preferably in rapidly growing and/or transitioning organizations).
- Familiarity, working knowledge and/or certifications in quality management systems such as ISO 9001, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.
- Training and/or certifications in auditing and providing effective feedback.
- Familiarity with sports, sports administration, or sports drug testing.
Successful applicant must pass a background check, pre-employment drug test and transcript verification.
To apply, please electronically submit a cover letter, resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Miranda Rogers, Director of Quality Assurance by December 14, 2014.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.