At Drug Free Sport, we’ve assembled a diverse team of professionals dedicated to administering the best sports drug-testing and education programs in the world. We work in a serious business as we tackle some of the biggest challenges in sport today. (Good news is, we’re big on fun, too.) Working here, your day-to-day efforts will not only impact your future, but sport’s as well.
Are you ready to join in on our mission to ensure fair game?
Drug Free Sport is committed to equal opportunity. In that spirit, we welcome your interest in our employment opportunities.
POSITION: NFL Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Nick Matheus, Senior Director of NFL Drug Testing
The NFL Program Manager is responsible for the program management and quality assurance of the National Football League’s (NFL) Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances (PED) and Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse (SOA). This includes the scheduling of collection contractors for drug test collection events, supporting collection contractors as needed to ensure quality collections in the field, post-test administrative duties related to the operation of the NFL’s PED and SOA programs and assisting the Drug Free Sport Collector Development and Quality Assurance Departments with training and quality assurance initiatives to ensure the highest level of integrity and professionalism related to the operation of the NFL PED and SOA programs. This position is primarily an in-office administrative position, but requires the willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally upon short notice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent service to Drug Free Sport clients, independent contractors, and other employees as part of a team-centered work environment.
- Conduct client testing management for the NFL SOA and PED programs including:
- Manage Drug Free Sport collector contractor scheduling, logistics and administrative support for the operation of the NFL SOA and PED testing programs. Provide administrative support to Drug Free Sport NFL staff, NFL PED and SOA independent program administrators, NFL staff, and Drug Free Sport collection contractors related to the SOA and PED programs (support may take place on weekends and after normal business hours).
- Assist the NFL SOA Program Manager with administration of the NFL player location tracking and scheduling.
- Perform selections of testing sites and schedule tests accordingly with appropriate site coordinator.
- Create database downloads and support for Drug Free Sport’s paperless collection system SCAN® as it relates to NFL drug tests for the SOA and PED programs.
- Review and analyze collection information (including test data, collection reports, and other forms of documentation) to ensure accurate and complete records are recorded.
- Develop annual drug-testing reports.
- Support and/or administer collections for the NFL PED and SOA programs as needed.
- Assist Drug Free Sport NFL staff and Quality Assurance and the Collector Development Departments with quality assurance initiatives designed to provide professional service to the NFL.
- Conduct post-collection evaluations of NFL testing events to establish compliance with protocols, reporting and professional collector contractor conduct.
- Review of NFL SOA and PED program protocols and collection training documents, and coordinate the publication of those documents with the Drug Free Sport Collector Development Department. Work with the Drug Free Sport Collector Development Department to review, edit and contribute to ensuring current and accurate NFL SOA and PED program content is in Drug Free Sport NFL training courses.
- Serve as a liaison between the Drug Free Sport NFL Department and Collector Development and Quality Assurance Departments.
- Facilitate Drug Free Sport collector contractor and collection company evaluations and audits in coordination with Drug Free Sport’s Quality Assurance and Collector Development Departments.
- Coordinate and manage evaluations of collection contractors submitted by NFL training staff.
- Perform collection contractor audits for the NFL SOA and PED programs.
- Conducting education sessions and field training with Drug Free Sport NFL collection contractors regarding quality assurance and professionalism.
- Assist the Drug Free Sport IT Department with internal and external technical support for office equipment and SCAN®.
- Responsible for all shipping and supplies needs (including inventory) for the NFL program.
- Oversee and maintain NFL drug-testing supply inventory.
- Distribute supplies as needed to collection contractors.
- Serve in the absence of the NFL SOA Program Manager and NFL PED Program Manager when necessary.
- Provide assistance on special projects and tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree is preferred
- Knowledge of the NFL and sport administration required.
- Experience with quality assurance administration required.
- Strong project management skills are required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a high pressure time sensitive environment is required.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally on short notice is required.
- Highly credible, ethical, and persuasive interpersonal skills required.
- Candidate should possess excellent communication (written/oral/listening) skills individually and in group settings.
- Candidate should be highly motivated with passion for excellence, extremely detail oriented with focus on managing time and prioritizing tasks.
- Candidate should possess analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in sports drug testing and prevention preferred.
- Candidate should have a working and operational knowledge of MS Office Suite and the Internet.
Successful applicant must pass a background check, pre-employment drug test and transcript verification.
To apply, please electronically submit a cover letter, resume and list of references by September 15th to:
email@example.com, attention Nick Matheus, Senior Director of NFL Drug Testing.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE