At Drug Free Sport, we’ve assembled a diverse team of professionals dedicated to administering the best sports drug-testing and education programs in the world. We work in a serious business as we tackle some of the biggest challenges in sport today. (Good news is, we’re big on fun, too.) Working here, your day-to-day efforts will not only impact your future, but sport’s as well.
Are you ready to join in on our mission to ensure fair game?
Drug Free Sport is committed to equal opportunity. In that spirit, we welcome your interest in our employment opportunities.
POSITION: Accounting Clerk (part time, 20-30 hours per week).
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for interacting with internal staff and external clients and vendors to provide information and supporting documentation, and for ensuring that costs are recorded to departments accurately and timely via Accounts Payable (A/P), Cost, and Expense Report processing. Responsible for accurate and timely payments to vendors and to employees, and for ensuring that company policies and procedures are followed in performing their duties and are adhered to by others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain records of employee PTO and input PTO data into payroll database.
- Additional payroll responsibilities after 6 months employment.
- Maintain accurate records of customers.
- Generate customer invoices based on policies of each operational department.
- Generate customer statements on the last day of each month and submit to department directors for approval.
- Issue accounts receivable report to president, COO and vice presidents on the last day of each month.
- Contact customers with balances beyond 60 days and record status in QuickBooks.
- Assist customers and Drug Free Sport employees with billing questions.
- Maintain accurate records of vendors.
- Process staff-travel reimbursement forms.
- Circulate monthly credit card statements for review.
- Accept vendor invoices, circulate for approval and pay according to vendor agreements.
- Pay collection vendors by the last day of each month using EFT protocols.
- Issue departmental Profit and Loss and Budget Reports monthly.
- Maintain financial records according to Records Retention Policy.
- Assist president and outside auditors with annual audit. Provide documentation when requested.
- Assist president and vice presidents with annual budget creation.
- Maintain a positive working relationship and open communication with Drug Free Sport employees and independent contractors.
- Provide assistance to Drug Free Sport staff on special projects as needed.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field.
- 1-3 years of applicable experience, preferably within a small business.
- A working knowledge of amateur and professional sport.
- Excellent communication (written/oral/listening) skills.
- Highly motivated with a passion for excellence, extremely detail oriented with focus on time management and prioritizing tasks.
- Working and operational knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Excel, and QuickBooks or similar financial software solutions.
Successful applicant must pass a background check, pre-employment drug test and transcript verification.
To apply, please electronically submit a cover letter, resume and list of references by September 30, 2014 to: email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE