At Drug Free Sport, we’ve assembled a diverse team of professionals dedicated to administering the best sports drug-testing and education programs in the world. We work in a serious business as we tackle some of the biggest challenges in sport today. (Good news is, we’re big on fun, too.) Working here, your day-to-day efforts will not only impact your future, but sport’s as well.
Are you ready to join in on our mission to ensure fair game?
Drug Free Sport is committed to equal opportunity. In that spirit, we welcome your interest in our employment opportunities.
CURRENT POSITION OPENINGS:
OPEN POSITION: Quality Assurance Specialist
The Quality Assurance Specialist will be primarily responsible for auditing and evaluating the quality of internal and external drug testing collection operations and administration. This position will also assist with other processes that monitor, measure, and evaluate operational, employee, and independent contractor excellence. This position may require up to 85% travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the development, implementation, and management of a proprietary performance management system and the organizational transition into that system.
- Record and analyze raw data to identify trends and assess root causes.
- Solicit and manage performance feedback; assist with investigating issues and addressing concerns.
- Plan, prepare, and coordinate internal and external audits.
- Conduct internal and external audits on collection contractors, operational departments, and employees to ensure compliance with DFS’s policies and procedures.
Documentation and Reporting
- Record and report findings from audits and evaluations; follow up as necessary.
- Recommend improvements or changes and oversee implementation of those action items in collaboration with other DFS staff.
- Maintain and update quality assurance files; periodically review files from other DFS departments to ensure that they meet established standards and are updated as required.
- Work with staff from operational departments to accurately develop, periodically review and revise policies, procedures, and workflows as necessary.
- Assist with the management of a document control system, as well as the creation, modification, approval, and release of controlled documentation.
- Work closely with the Director of Quality Assurance, various staff members with quality assurance job functions, and all DFS operational staff on quality initiatives.
- Provide assistance to DFS staff on special projects as necessary.
- Assist with training initiatives for employees and contractors related to quality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree required in business, quality control/assurance, or related field; advanced degree in law, business, or compliance preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel (both domestically and internationally).
- Highly motivated, hard-working, and efficient, with a passion for excellence.
- Extremely detail oriented with ability to think analytically and solve problems creatively
- Ability to manage multiple projects, address urgent issues, and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with excellent writing abilities.
- Ability to work well in a group, one-on-one, and independently when necessary; ability to coordinate company-wide initiatives.
- Ability to remain adaptable in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proficiency with MS Office computer software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug test, and transcript verification.
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in quality control, quality assurance, and compliance (preferably in rapidly growing and/or transitioning organizations).
- Familiarity, working knowledge and/or certifications in quality management systems such as ISO 9001, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.
- Training and/or certifications in auditing and providing effective feedback.
- Familiarity with sports, sports administration, or sports drug testing.
Successful applicant must pass a background check, pre-employment drug test and transcript verification.
To apply, please electronically submit a cover letter, resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Miranda Rogers, Director of Quality Assurance by December 14, 2014.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
OPEN POSITION: Information Technology Support Analyst
The National Center for Drug Free Sport, Inc. (Drug Free Sport) is the premier provider of drug-testing services in sport, both nationally and internationally. Drug Free Sport is located in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. Drug Free Sport is the leader in information technology as it relates to sport drug testing administration services. Drug Free Sport envisioned and developed a proprietary mobile drug testing data collection and management system called SCAN® - - Secure Collection Automated Network, which is currently deployed on an iOS infrastructure. Drug Free Sport utilizes a large network of independent contractors that provide specimen collection services for a diverse client base, and works with national and international world class laboratories for specimen analysis.
Drug Free Sport views this position as a long term investment in technology for the organization. The Drug Free Sport Information Technology Support Analyst position will operate in a fast-paced work environment that allows for creative problem solving skills and interaction with all levels of the organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day technical support of laptops and software for all onsite and remote Drug Free Sport staff members. Test and manage deployment of client software including OS and Office 2010 upgrades & patches. Take an active role in the testing, evaluation, and implementation process of new cutting edge software for the business. Develop and deliver IT training materials to the Drug Free Sport staff to increase overall staff work productivity when possible.
This position will work directly with the Drug Free Sport Manager of Information Technology to provide a high level of IT support and direction for the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides day-to-day technical management and support to internal and external users including all infrastructure management including but not limited to:
- Provide hardware and software support for all Drug Free Sport client laptops
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all important/critical OS and Office 2010 software updates to client systems in a timely manner
- Setup and configure new employee laptop systems
- Backup data and prepare laptop systems for re-deployment in the event of an employee leaves the organization.
- Have working knowledge of VPN architecture and the ability to troubleshoot end user connectivity issues
- Create and deliver effective IT support training materials for both internal and external users as needed
- Occasional on-call support for Drug Free Sport staff member IT related issues and Drug Free Sport collector iPad & SCAN3 application questions
- Able to establish and complete tasks in prescribed time period (meets deadlines)
- Responsible for user management (Active Directory account setup, password resets, password changes, disabling accounts, etc…)
- Perform duties such as pulling cable, terminating patch panels, troubleshooting network printers & connectivity, moving equipment, etc…
- Respond efficiently and remove any reported virus or malware threats on DFS company laptops
- Assist in testing and validation of new DFS software products prior to deployment
- Provide varying levels of IT support as necessary and assist in special projects as needed.
- 2 – 5 years current experience in the technology field
- Associate/Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on experience in setting up software and hardware troubleshooting issues to resolution with people skills across a broad range of customers
- Well-versed in desktop operating systems (Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7) and applications (Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Contribute).
- Ability to configure and support smartphones and other mobile devices (Windows, Android, and iOS).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems and applications.
- Demonstrated interest in staying current with computer technology, including hardware, software, operating systems, and the Internet
- Experience managing software patches and updates with SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) or similar patch management system is preferred
- Ability to collaborate effectively with company staff
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, ability to present in both technical and non-technical terms
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining deadlines
- Ability to operate in a self-directed environment
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- IT certifications such as Microsoft, Cisco, & CompTIA are a plus.
- Previous experience with SQL database management, Ubuntu Linux OS, and Mac OSX is beneficial for this position
Successful applicant must pass a background check, pre-employment drug test and transcript verification
To apply, please electronically submit a cover letter, resume and list of references to:
attention Josh Mittlestadt, Manager of Information Technology
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE