At Drug Free Sport, we’ve assembled a diverse team of professionals dedicated to administering the best sports drug-testing and education programs in the world. We work in a serious business as we tackle some of the biggest challenges in sport today. (Good news is, we’re big on fun, too.) Working here, your day-to-day efforts will not only impact your future, but sport’s as well.
Are you ready to join our mission to ensure fair game?
Drug Free Sport is committed to equal opportunity. In that spirit, we welcome your interest in our employment opportunities.
See open positions below.
Thank you for your interest in Drug Free Sport!
Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for establishing and directing all marketing functions in accordance with the goals and vision of Drug Free Sport to increase revenue, market share and brand awareness through new and existing clients. The Director of Marketing will provide the overall strategy and management of Drug Free Sport’s participation in various trade shows, conferences and events in an effort to market, increase revenue, drive traffic and maximize client satisfaction. This position is responsible for coordinating, publishing and distributing Drug Free Sport’s advertising and other marketing materials. The Director of Marketing also will have responsibilities for the creative development of Drug Free Sport’s websites and electronic media.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent service to Drug Free Sport clients and maintain strong, positive working relationships and consistent communication with Drug Free Sport employees, independent contractors, and vendors as part of a team-centered work environment.
- Maintain a clear understanding of client drug-testing service needs.
- Develop/revise and implement a marketing plan in collaboration with Director of Sales to secure new business and/or increase existing business for Drug Free Sport prospects and clients.
- Establish performance goals for marketing department and monitor performance on a continual basis.
- Coordinate day-to-day marketing operations and interact across multiple departments, while maintaining focus on Drug Free Sport’s strategic goals.
- Negotiate, review and coordinate marketing proposals and addendums and make recommendations regarding such to appropriate department directors and/or vice president(s).
- Create and implement marketing initiatives including Drug Free Sport’s brand, marketing literature, electronic media, clothing and other marketing items.
- In combination with Director of Sales, organize and participate in national/local marketing activities and trade shows in order to promote new business and assure client satisfaction.
- Attend marketing training seminars and meetings as required.
- Responsible for the establishment and execution of a marketing budget. Minimally conduct quarterly budget reviews and communicate any concerns or future department needs to the Vice President of Sport Drug Testing.
- Oversight and management of the creative development of Drug Free Sport websites and electronic media.
- In coordination with Director of Sales, analyze, evaluate, conduct feasibility studies and report on new products, business services, and/or markets that have the possibility of increasing Drug Free Sport revenues.
- Anticipate public relations issues as they emerge and manage communication to staff members as needed.
- Serve as media spokesperson on behalf of the company.
- Ensure the company protects and promotes its image in a positive, coordinated and consistent manner.
- Provide assistance to Drug Free Sport staff on special projects as needed.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, public relations or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience and a proven track record in marketing.
- Candidate must possess specific working knowledge of amateur and professional sport.
- Candidate must have strong project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Candidate must possess persuasive interpersonal communication skills with ability to inspire staff and clients.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication (written/oral/listening) skills.
- Candidate must be highly motivated with a passion for excellence, extremely detail oriented with focus on time management and prioritizing tasks.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- Willingness and ability to travel including overnight trips required.
- Knowledge of sports drug prevention preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with official social media platforms of an organization (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat).
- International experience is desired.
- Working and operational knowledge of MS Office Suite and the Internet required.
The position will remain open to applications until filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and list of references to:
The National Center for Drug Free Sport, Inc.
Attention: Dr. Kathy Turpin, Vice President of Sport Drug Testing
2537 Madison Ave. Kansas City, Missouri 64108
You may email a cover letter, resume and list of references to email@example.com
Attention: Dr. Kathy Turpin, Vice President of Sport Drug Testing.