Ask An Expert
You have questions. Our experts have answers. With more than 60 years of combined experience and research, our sports medicine/pharmacology consultants can provide you with the answers you seek.
Organizations that subscribe to Drug Free Sport’s Resource Exchange Center (REC) gain access to several of sports’ leading experts on supplements, drugs of abuse, and performance-enhancing substances. Subscribe to the REC and send our experts your questions today...[More]
Meet Our Experts:
Peter J. Ambrose, Pharm. D.
Professor of Clinical Pharmacy Vice Chair
Department of Clinical Pharmacy
University of California, San Francisco School of Pharmacy
Director, Los Angeles/Orange County Area Clerkships
- Clinical pharmacokinetics is his primary area of research and publication.
- Dr. Ambrose's clinical practice is at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in the Clinical Pharmacokinetics Consultation Service
- Has been a crew chief with the drug testing program of the National Collegiate Athletic Association since 1987, and continues today with The National Center for Drug Free Sport, Inc.
- Served as a Doping Control Officer at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta and at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia. He was a contributing editor of the book, Athletic Drug Reference, sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association and the United States Olympic Committee.
David L. Wyrick, Ph.D.
President of Prevention Strategies
Department of Public Health Education
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Dr. Wyrick’s research and program interests are focused on alcohol and other drug prevention, primarily at the college and high school levels, and survey research methods related to the collection of sensitive information.
- He has authored several academic papers on survey methodology, drug prevention, and distance education as well as coedited a book on alcohol use and harm prevention for college students.
- Dr. Wyrick is the Chair-Elect for the Early Career Preventionist Network (ECPN).
- Serves as a reviewer for Prevention Science.
Sports Medicine Research & Testing Laboratory (SMRTL)
SMRTL is a World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) - accredited laboratory that is a world leader in detecting the use of performance-enhancing substances in sport. Most professional leagues and many collegiate programs use SMRTL and/or other WADA - accredited laboratories for detecting performance-enhancing substances in athletes.
For more information on SMRTL, please click here.
UCLA Olympic Analytical Laboratory
The UCLA Olympic Laboratory is the world's largest World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) - accredited sports drug-testing facility and one of the leading research institutions in the field of athletic doping. Under Dr. Anthony Butch, Ph.D., UCLA analyzes close to 45,000 urine specimens per year for traces of banned substances.
For more information on the UCLA Olympic Analytical Laboratory, please click here.
Back to Top