HIWU Information Technology Project Manager
Horseracing Integrity and Welfare Unit (HIWU)
Position Focus: The HIWU Information Technology Project Manager is a dynamic key contributor to the Horseracing Integrity and Welfare Unit (HIWU) team, a division of Drug Free Sport International/International Doping Tests & Management (DFSI-IDTM). The person in this role will operate in a fast-paced work environment by managing the development of new technology solutions that enable efficient, user friendly and accurate operations. This individual will support key stakeholders, clients, and development resources to successfully achieve any mission, anytime, anywhere. Key contributions include full engagement with HIWU staff to become a subject matter expert for this division, oversee all aspects of HIWU IT projects, coordinate production releases and rollouts, and report the progress and results of projects.
Summary of Qualifications: To successfully perform this role, the individual must be analytical, a problem-solver and self-directed. The HIWU Informational Technology Project Manager must uphold the company vision, possess high integrity, and have a desire to serve the company and its relevant constituents. Essential requirements include strong communication and planning skills with the ability to present IT-related information in technical and non-technical terms; and proven experience leading IT based development projects successfully from start to finish and working with software development partners and third-party vendors for creation of new systems. General knowledge or previous software development experience is a highly beneficial plus for this position. The person in this position must have a minimum of three years of professional experience in a similar technology role and minimum education level of an associate degree or applicable program management certification(s). Passing a pre-employment screening including background check, drug test, transcript verification, and confidentiality agreement is a requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all HIWU Operations staff meetings and discussions to become a SME for the program.
- Limited travel could be needed to meet with clients, vendors, or collection staff.
- Gather actionably system project requirements that are measurable and clearly defined.
- Create clear and granular project plans to keep projects on schedule and within budget.
- Distribute project status updates after each development sprint cycle.
- Track HIWU project expenses and deliver monthly reports to the Vice President of Information Technology and HIWU Executive Team.
- Create and deliver training and knowledge base documentation as new systems or features are developed.
- Write and manage RFP processes for new development partners as needed.
- Collaborate with the HIWU legal team to for the development and execution of appropriate vendor agreements.
- Work with development partners to ensure all systems are created using industry standard security methods.
- Maintain software code repositories to ensure HIWU has access to all source code.
- Coordinate internal and external software beta testing to ensure all possible issues are resolved before new systems or functionality are released in production.
- Provide second level support for reported system issues and escalate to development partners if third level support is needed.
- Manage system device purchase, storage, and management and distribution as needed.
- Research and present options for available off-the-shelf solutions if process or efficiency improvements are needed to support daily operations.
|Description||Critical Success Factors|
|Planning and Organizational Development||Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Effective at planning ahead yet flexible with unexpected changes. Listens well and orientates quickly.||Self-confident and self-starting; focused, resourceful, and adaptable; makes timely decisions; at ease working with deadlines; delivers the objective.|
|Effective Communication||Proficient in all forms of communication. Ability to connect with colleagues from every level of the organization, contracted collectors, clients, consultants, project teams and vendors. Create positive relationships at the organizational, contractor and vendor levels.||Listens well, interprets accurately, and responds appropriately; chooses the right way to say the right things.|
|Customer Service Orientation||Has a propensity for serving the needs of customers internally and externally.||Attentive and decisive; selfless; follows up and follows through; customer first focus; maintains positive attitude under pressure.|
|Integrity and Reliability||Takes personal responsibility for job performance, strict adherence to company and client policies and procedures. Maintains high level of professionalism and confidentiality.||Positively responds to direction and constructive feedback; exhibits integrity and trustworthiness; makes informed decisions based on what is best for the company; punctuality at performing assigned duties; and holds themselves accountable for overall support experience.|
|Motivation for Achievement||Strong initiative; displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Generates ideas for improvement; initiates opportunities and recommends innovations. Goes above requirements; continually working toward exceeding expectations.||Stays on target of daily, 90-day and annual goals, with motivation to exceed all objectives. Contributes to company success through continuous improvement. Seeks additional responsibilities and grows within the position.|
All external applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Andrayana Estes. All requested materials must be submitted for consideration. This position is desired to be filled as soon as possible and application materials will be reviewed on an on-gong basis until filled.
DFSI-IDTM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.