DFSI-IDTM Education Program Manager
Position Focus: The Education Program Manager is a key contributor to Drug Free Sport International/International Doping Tests & Management (DFSI-IDTM) by teaming with the Education Senior Program Manager to manage DFSI-IDTM’s clients and employee education initiatives. Contributions include day-to-day management of AXIS; maintaining education’s website landing page, and creating social media posts. A significant responsibility of this position is managing AXIS by gathering, researching and disseminating accurate and current information on dietary supplements and other substances or methods intended for performance enhancement that are banned in sport, and assisting with education platforms as needed.
Summary of Qualifications: To successfully perform this role, the individual must be analytical and a critical thinker, an effective communicator, organized, self-directed, credible and ethical. The Education Program Manager must uphold the company vision, possess strong integrity, and demonstrate a high level of professionalism, teamwork, creativity and energy.
Essential requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition (emphasis in sports nutrition preferred), exercise physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology or related sports-sciences field.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a time sensitive environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other similar software programs.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Passion for educating on all topics related to health & wellbeing.
- Creative and dynamic educator with confident public speaking skills.
- Operational knowledge of social media platforms.
- Willingness and ability to travel (approximately 10-15 percent).
- Pass a pre-employment screening including background check, drug test, transcript verification, and confidentiality agreement.
Background or experience conducting research on dietary supplements, herbal ingredients, pharmaceutical medications and other substances is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent service to Drug Free Sport clients and maintain strong, positive working relationships and communication with Drug Free Sport clients and employees as part of a team-centered work environment.
- Understands and applies quality principles to daily responsibilities; collaborates with others on quality objectives; and addresses nonconformities as appropriate through the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Manage AXIS including but limited to:
- Maintain a positive image by abiding with all DFSI-IDTM employment policies.
- Respond to hotline and website dietary supplement and/or medication or substance inquiries in a timely manner.
- Remain knowledgeable and current on issues related to sports nutrition, dietary supplements, medications, performance-enhancing drugs and other banned substances, and policy changes.
- Follow relevant trends by reviewing published research, use of evidence-based databases and collaboration with respected professionals and relevant listservs that provide unique and trusted perspectives.
- Maintain accurate data collection and records for inquiries and responses.
- Establish professional relationships with affiliated organizations and prospective users to enhance outreach.
- Remain knowledgeable and current on substances banned by sport governing bodies and provide updates to AXIS clients regarding important changes as necessary.
- Execute marketing and program plans in alignment with Drug Free Sport’s mission and vision, and the strategic plan for the Education Department.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with sport organizations to enhance outreach of DFSI-IDTM education services.
- Attend relevant tradeshows to showcase DFSI-IDTM educational resources including AXIS and Speakers Bureau.
- Assist in maintaining a resource of articles, research and studies related to AXIS topics, and accurately disseminate those findings to AXIS clients.
- Develop, maintain and support ongoing and new DFSI-IDTM educational services and products.
- Assist in the management of DFSI-IDTM Speaker’s Bureau including marketing, coordinating and conducting educational programs and presentations (travel as necessary) for athletes, athletic trainers, coaches, and athletic administrators.
- Plan, market, and act as moderator for Drug Free Sport’s quarterly webinar series.
- Collaborate with writing articles and white papers on relevant topics for external publication and collaboration.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
|Description||Critical Success Factors|
|Planning and Organizational Development||Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Effective at planning ahead yet flexible with unexpected changes. Listens well and orientates quickly.||Self-confident and self-starting; focused, resourceful, and adaptable; makes timely decisions; at ease working with deadlines; delivers the objective with meticulous attention to detail; displays critical thinking abilities.|
|Effective Communication||Proficient in all forms of communication. Ability to connect with colleagues, clients, consultants and vendors. Create positive relationships at the organizational, contractor and vendor levels.||Passionate about daily interaction with clients; listens well, interprets accurately, and responds appropriately; chooses the right way to say the right things.|
|Customer Service Orientation||Has a propensity for serving the needs of clients.||Attentive and decisive; selfless; follows up and follows through; client first focus to enhance relationship.|
|Integrity and Reliability||Takes personal responsibility for job performance; strict adherence to company and client policies and procedures. Maintains high level of professionalism and confidentiality.||Positively responds to direction and constructive feedback; exhibits integrity and trustworthiness; and makes informed decisions based on what is best for the company.|
|Motivation for Achievement||Strong initiative; displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Generates ideas for improvement; initiates opportunities and recommends innovations. Goes above requirements; continually working toward exceeding expectations.|
Stays on target for 90-day and annual goals, with motivation to exceed all objectives.
Contributes to company success through continuous improvement. Seeks additional responsibilities and grows within the position.
All external applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Andrayana Estes, Director of Human Resources. All requested materials must be submitted for consideration. This position is desired to be filled as soon as possible and application materials will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until filled.
Drug Free Sport, LLC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.