Director of Clinical Services
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Department: Special Projects
Reports to: Vice President of Special Projects
Position Focus: The Director of Clinical Services is a key contributor to DFSI-IDTM’s growing clinical service offerings providing a high level of service and commitment to excellence. The person in this role will operate in a fast-paced work environment, contribute creative solutions to challenges, and effectively communicate with team members and clients to achieve any mission, anytime, anywhere. Contributions include devising strategies and plans for DFSI-IDTM’s initial clinical services development phase; identifying and adhering to compliance requirements; and teaming with various departments to provide innovative and industry leading solutions and applications.
Summary of Qualifications: To successfully perform this role, the individual must be analytical, an effective communicator, organized and self-directed. He or she must uphold the company vision, possess strong integrity, and have a high desire to serve our clients, contractors, and colleagues. Essential requirements are 5+ years of proven experience as a clinical director or other managerial position in or closely with clinical services systems; strong communication and program management skills; solid understanding of budgeting, resourcing and performance evaluation procedures; highly credible, ethical, and persuasive interpersonal skills; excellent knowledge of standards (e.g., ISO) and regulations for the clinical field; proficient in MS Office and computer systems; exceptional organizational and leadership skills; experience successfully managing staff; and aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts. The person in this role must have the minimum education level of a BSc/BA in clinical administration, medical science, or relevant field; MSc/MA is desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devise strategies and plans for growing clinical service offerings according to DFSI-IDTM’s standards for excellent service and growth.
- Identify and monitor compliance to legal guidelines, internal polices and quality standards
- Maintain strong, positive working relationships and consistent communication with colleagues and contractors as part of a team-centered work environment.
- Understand and apply quality principles to daily responsibilities; collaborate with others on quality objectives; and address nonconformities as appropriate through the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Partner with DFSI Director of Recruiting and Network team to identify and vet clinical contractors.
- Team with DFSI Business Development team to identify, vet and contact leads within the clinical services sphere.
- Collaborate with DFSI Information Technology team for creation of industry leading applications to assist with administration of clinical services.
- Manage budgeting and resourcing.
- Coordinate and supervise staff.
- Assist with special projects and other tasks as needed.
|Description||Critical Success Factors|
|Planning and Organizational Development||Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Effective at planning ahead yet flexible with unexpected changes. Listens well and orientates quickly.||Self-confident and self-starting; focused, resourceful, and adaptable; makes timely decisions; at ease working with deadlines; delivers the objective with meticulous attention to detail; displays critical thinking abilities.|
|Effective Communication||Proficient in all forms of communication. Ability to connect with colleagues, clients, consultants and vendors. Create positive relationships at the organizational, contractor and vendor levels.||Passionate about daily interaction with clients; listens well, interprets accurately, and responds appropriately; chooses the right way to say the right things.|
|Customer Service Orientation||Has a propensity for serving the needs of clients.||Attentive and decisive; selfless; follows up and follows through; client first focus to enhance relationship.|
|Integrity and Reliability||Takes personal responsibility for job performance; strict adherence to company and client policies and procedures. Maintains high level of professionalism and confidentiality.||Positively responds to direction and constructive feedback; exhibits integrity and trustworthiness; and makes informed decisions based on what is best for the company.|
|Motivation for Achievement||Strong initiative; displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Generates ideas for improvement; initiates opportunities and recommends innovations. Goes above requirements; continually working toward exceeding expectations.||Stays on target for 90-day and annual goals, with motivation to exceed all objectives. Contributes to company success through continuous improvement. Seeks additional responsibilities and grows within the position.|
Submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to Andrayana Estes, HR Generalist/Office Manager.
The organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.