HIWU Investigative Analyst
Horseracing Integrity and Welfare Unit (HIWU)
Position Focus: The HIWU Investigative Analyst is a key contributor to the Horseracing Integrity and Welfare Unit’s (HIWU) legal team, a division of Drug Free Sport International/International Doping Tests & Management (DFSI-IDTM). The person in this role will operate in a fast-paced environment, perform investigative activities involving the legal policies and procedures for the Anti-Doping and Medication Control (ADMC) Program, and effectively communicate with team members and relevant constituents to achieve first-class program management. Contributions include data analytic support related to investigations under the ADMC Program and collaboration with applicable internal and external constituencies.
Summary of Qualifications: To successfully perform this role, the individual must be a critical thinker, effective communicator, organized, attentive to details, self-directed, and have strong data analytical skills. The individual must uphold the company’s core values and mission, demonstrate integrity at the highest degree, and have a high desire to serve the company and its relevant constituents. Essential requirements include:
- 4+ years of analyst experience preferably in a law enforcement or investigatory environment.
- Experience with analytical software and/or statistical programs.
- Conducted or assisted with investigations.
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws and regulations.
- Highly credible, ethical, and persuasive interpersonal skills.
- Adept understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and computer systems.
- Experience in and around the equine industry is a plus.
- Pass a pre-employment screening including a drug test, background check, confidentiality agreement, verification of degree(s) and applicable certification(s), and professional reference checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Triage tips received from various sources (e.g., emails, texts, and phone calls).
- Interview individuals reporting tips concerning possible ADMC Program violations.
- Lead and perform work involving the research, analysis, and evaluation of information to support and assist investigators in identifying potential ADMC Program violations.
- Obtain, review, manipulate, and analyze various sources of data to assist in identifying investigative strategies involving potential ADMC Program violations.
- Liaise with ADMC subject matter experts related to data analytic strategies.
- Plan, develop and write activity reports and investigative summaries as necessary.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
|Description||Critical Success Factors|
|Planning and Organizational Development||Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Effective at planning ahead, yet flexible with unexpected changes. Listens well and orientates quickly.||Self-confident and self-starting; focused, resourceful, and adaptable; makes timely decisions; at ease working within deadlines; delivers objectives with meticulous attention to detail; displays critical thinking abilities.|
|Effective Communication||Proficient in all forms of communication. Ability to connect with colleagues, relevant constituents, consultants and vendors. Create positive relationships at the organizational, contractor and vendor levels.||Passionate about daily interaction with relevant constituents and colleagues; listens well, interprets accurately, and responds appropriately; chooses the right way to say the right things.|
|Service Orientation||Has a propensity for serving the needs of relevant constituents.||Attentive and decisive; follows up and follows through; first focus is to enhance business relationships.|
|Integrity and Reliability||Takes personal responsibility for job performance; strict adherence to company and other relevant policies and procedures. Maintains high level of professionalism and confidentiality.||Positively responds to direction and constructive feedback; exhibits integrity and trustworthiness; makes informed decisions based on what is best for the company.|
|Motivation for Achievement||Strong initiative; displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Generates ideas for improvement; initiates opportunities and recommends innovations. Goes above requirements; continually working toward exceeding expectations.||Stays on target for 90-day and annual goals, with motivation to exceed objectives. Contributes to company success through continuous improvement. Seeks additional responsibilities and grows within the position.|
All external applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Andrayana Estes, Director of Human Resources. All requested materials must be submitted for consideration. This position is desired to be filled as soon as possible and application materials will be reviewed on an on-going basis until filled.
Drug Free Sport, LLC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.