HIWU Regional Relations Coordinator
Horseracing Integrity & Welfare Unit (HIWU)
Position Focus: The HIWU Regional Relations Coordinator is a key contributor to the Horseracing Integrity and Welfare Unit (HIWU), a division of Drug Free Sport International/International Doping Tests & Management (DFSI-IDTM). The mandate of the HIWU is to improve the integrity and safety within thoroughbred horseracing through the administration of HISA’s uniform Anti-doping and Medicine Control Program. This individual must be dynamic, people-oriented and excel in relationship management to ensure an efficient, innovative and professional program.
Summary of Qualifications: To successfully perform this role, the individual must be a critical thinker, collaborative, an effective communicator, organized and self-directed. The HIWU Regional Relations Coordinator must uphold the company core values and vision, demonstrate integrity at the highest degree, and have a high desire to serve our clients, contractors, and colleagues. Essential requirements include:
- Experience delivering programs; anti-doping or equine experience a plus.
- Minimum education level of a four-year degree.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Highly credible, ethical, and persuasive interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and computer systems.
- Willingness to travel within the United States and foreign jurisdictions, including upon short notice.
- Pass a pre-employment screening including drug test, background check, confidentiality agreement, degree(s) verification, and professional reference checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement strategies to execute the HIWU Anti-Doping and Medicine Control Program within assigned region.
- Maintain strong, positive working relationships and communication with colleagues, independent contractors, State Racing Commissions, racetracks, test barns, laboratories, consultants, and other professional organizations.
- Serve as a liaison and maintain positive working relationships with the State Racing Commissions, racetracks and test barn personnel within assigned region.
- Provide excellent service to ensure the execution of the HIWU Doping Control Program.
- Manage front-end administration of the HWIU Doping Control Program including but not limited to:
– Schedule collections with State Racing Commissions, test barns and/or independent contractors, as applicable.
– Communicate testing plans and notification to State Racing Commission personnel and/or HIWU sample collection personnel.
– Assist with tracking data and creating reports.
– Support quality assurance by monitoring compliance with client collection protocols; track shipments from sample collection personnel to the applicable laboratory; verify accurate and complete collection reports; and investigate discrepancies related to independent contractor data submissions.
– Support reconciliation of accurate accounting, invoicing and required financial records.
– Provide support during standard and non-standard business hours to State Racing Commissions and sample collection personnel during scheduled testing events.
– Facilitate inquiries from clients and independent contractors.
- Travel as needed including upon short notice.
- Collaborate on special projects and tasks as needed.
- Understand and apply quality principles to daily responsibilities; collaborate with others on quality objectives; and address nonconformities as appropriate through the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Contribute to test distribution planning and collaborate with HIWU Science, Legal and Investigative Teams to execute targeted testing.
- Identify and monitor compliance with regulatory guidelines, internal polices and quality standards.
- Collaborate with the organization’s Information Technology Team to create industry leading applications to assist with the administration of equine services.
- Assist with sample transportation- related to applicable testing.
- Provide other relevant administrative and other duties, as assigned.
|Description||Critical Success Factors|
Ability to efficiently organize and
prioritize multiple tasks. Effective at planning ahead yet flexible with unexpected changes. Listens well and orientates quickly.
Self-confident and self-starting; focused,
resourceful, and adaptable; makes timely decisions; at ease working with deadlines; delivers the objective with meticulous attention to detail; displays critical thinking abilities.
|Proficient in all forms of communication. Ability to connect with colleagues, clients, consultants and vendors. Create positive relationships at the organizational, contractor and vendor levels.||Passionate about daily interaction with clients; listens well, interprets accurately, and responds appropriately; chooses the right way to say the right things.|
Has a propensity for serving the needs of
Attentive and decisive; selfless; follows up and
follows through; client first focus to enhance relationship.
Takes personal responsibility for job
performance; strict adherence to company and client policies and procedures. Maintains high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Positively responds to direction and
constructive feedback; exhibits integrity and trustworthiness; and makes informed decisions based on what is best for the company.
Strong initiative; displays energy and
enthusiasm in approaching the job. Generates ideas for improvement; initiates opportunities and recommends innovations. Goes above requirements; continually working toward exceeding expectations.
Stays on target for 90-day and annual goals,
with motivation to exceed all objectives. Contributes to company success through continuous improvement. Seeks additional responsibilities and grows within the position.
All external applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Andrayana Estes, Director of Human Resources. All requested materials must be submitted for consideration. This position is desired to be filled as soon as possible and application materials will be reviewed on an on-gong basis until filled.
Drug Free Sport, LLC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.