HIWU Testing Operations Coordinator
Position Focus: The HIWU Testing Operations Coordinator is a key contributor to the Horseracing Integrity and Welfare Unit (HIWU), a division of Drug Free Sport International/International Doping Tests & Management (DFSI- IDTM). The mandate of HIWU is to improve the integrity and safety within thoroughbred horseracing through the administration of the Horseracing Integrity and Safety Authority (HISA)’s uniform Anti-Doping and Medicine Control Program. This individual must be dynamic, people-oriented and excel in relationship management to ensure an efficient, innovative and professional program.
Summary of Qualifications: To successfully perform this role, the individual must be a critical thinker, collaborative, effective communicator, organized and self-directed. The HIWU Testing Operations Coordinator must uphold the company core values and vision, demonstrate integrity at the highest degree, and have a high desire to serve clients, contractors, and colleagues. Essential requirements include but are not limited to:
- Experience delivering programs; anti-doping or equine experience a plus.
- Minimum education level of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Highly credible, ethical, and persuasive interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and computer systems.
- Willingness to travel within the United States and foreign jurisdictions, including upon short notice.
- Pass a pre-employment screening including drug test, background check, confidentiality agreement, conflict of interest agreement, degree(s) verification, and professional reference checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent service and implementation of strategies to ensure the successful execution of the HIWU Anti-Doping and Medicine Control (ADMC) Program.
- Maintain strong, positive working relationships and communication with colleagues, independent contractors, state racing commissions, racetracks, test barns, laboratories, consultants, and other professional organizations.
- Serve as a liaison and maintain positive working relationships with state racking commissions, racetracks and test barn personnel.
- Manage front-end administration of the HIWU ADMC Program including but not limited to:
– Supply management logistics and fulfillment.
– Collections scheduling with state racing commissions, test barn personnel, and independent contractors, as applicable.
– Communicate testing plans and notifications to state racing commissions personnel and HIWU sample collection personnel.
– Data tracking and reports support.
– Support quality assurance by monitoring compliance with client collection protocols including track shipments from sample collection personnel to the applicable laboratory, verify accurate and complete collection reports and investigate discrepancies related to independent contractor data
– Reconciliation support of accurate accounting, invoicing and required financial records.
– Provide service support during standard and non-standard business hours during scheduled testing events.
– Facilitate inquiries from clients and independent contractors.
– Travel as needed including upon short notice.
– Collaborate with special projects and tasks as needed.
- Understand and apply quality principles to daily responsibilities; collaborate with others on quality objectives; and address nonconformities as appropriate within a designated system.
- Contribute to test distribution planning and collaborate with HIWU Science, Legal and Investigative Teams to execute targeted testing.
- Collaborate with the Information Technology Team to create industry leading
- Provide other relevant administrative support and duties, as assigned.
|Description||Critical Success Factors|
|Planning and Organizational Development||Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Effective at planning ahead yet flexible with unexpected changes. Listens well and orientates quickly.|
Self-confident and self-starting; focused, resourceful, and adaptable; makes timely decisions; at ease working with deadlines; delivers the objective with meticulous attention to detail; displays critical thinking
Proficient in all forms of communication. Ability to connect with colleagues, clients, consultants and vendors. Create positive relationships at the organizational, contractor and vendor
|Passionate about daily interaction with clients; listens well, interprets accurately, and responds appropriately; chooses the right way to say the right things.|
|Customer Service Orientation||Has a propensity for serving the needs of clients.||Attentive and decisive; selfless; follows up and follows through; client first focus to enhance relationship.|
|Integrity and Reliability|
Takes personal responsibility for job performance; strict adherence to company and client policies and procedures. Maintains high level of
professionalism and confidentiality.
Positively responds to direction and constructive feedback; exhibits integrity and trustworthiness; and makes informed decisions based on what is best for the
|Motivation for Achievement|
Strong initiative; displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Generates ideas for improvement; initiates opportunities and recommends innovations. Goes above requirements; continually working toward exceeding
Stays on target for 90-day and annual goals, with motivation to exceed all objectives.
Contributes to company success through continuous improvement. Seeks additional responsibilities and grows within the position.
All external applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and names of three professional references to Human Resources. All requested materials must be submitted for consideration. This position is desired to be filled as soon as possible and application materials will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until filled.
Drug Free Sport, LLC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.