Information Technology Support Specialist
Position Focus: The Information Technology Support Specialist is a key contributor to DFSI-IDTM’s purpose of ensuring fairness in sport and health and safety for athletes with motivation to provide a high level of IT support and technology-driven direction for the organization. The Support Specialist will operate in a fast-paced work environment, contribute creative solutions to challenges, and support all levels within the organization to achieve any mission, anytime, anywhere. Contributions include day-to-day technical staff support of hardware and software; evaluation, testing, and managing deployment of client software updates; user-end support of proprietary mobile drug-testing data collection and management system application for our contracted collectors; and development and delivery of IT training materials.
Summary of Qualifications: To successfully perform this role, the individual must be analytical, problem-solver and self-directed. He or she must uphold the company vision, possess strong integrity, and have a desire to serve our staff, contracted collectors and clients. Essential requirements are strong communication skills with the ability to present IT-related information in technical and non-technical terms; proven experience with managing and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems, applications, and other client systems; and interest in staying current with technology trends, including new operating systems, mobile devices, programming languages, and web technologies. Additional required experience includes configuring and supporting smartphones and tablets (e.g., iPhone, iPad, Android); identifying and remediating malware, spyware, and virus infections; and wiping, imaging and deploying new hardware. Familiarity with Microsoft Server operating systems (e.g., 2012 R2, 2016, 2019); WSUS patch management; SonicWall firewall/router/VPN appliance; Linux (e.g., Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS); SQL is a plus. The person in this position must have a minimum of one-year experience in a similar technology role and minimum education level of an Associate degree or applicable certification in Computer Science or Information Systems. Passing a pre-employment screening, including background check, drug test, transcript verification, and confidentiality agreement, is a requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and applies quality principles to daily responsibilities; collaborates with others on quality objectives; and addresses nonconformities as appropriate through the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Hardware and software support for company equipment including laptops and mobile devices.
- Manage Windows 10 major version testing and deployment to all staff systems.
- Support processes for on-boarding and termination of staff.
- Log, track, follow-up, resolve, and identify issue patterns using SpiceWorks Helpdesk Tracking system.
- Meet with other departments to collect and record feedback or suggestions for improved support processes.
- Manage company and contractor equipment via Meraki MDM platform.
- Install and support full desktop and online versions of Office 365.
- Management of Active Directory users and security groups, Office 365 mailboxes, distribution lists, and limited server troubleshooting.
- Backup and restoration of systems and data.
- After-hours scheduled system maintenance; occasional on-call support for staff and contracted collectors.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy crucial software and security updates for staff systems.
- Manage malware, viruses, and other computer security threats.
- Troubleshoot wired and wireless network traffic issues.
- Support remote VPN connectivity.
- Pull network cable, terminate patch panels, and troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Create and deliver IT support training materials for internal and external users.
- Production support of proprietary software on iPad devices and backend application data for internal and external users.
- Participate in project meetings and follow-up tasks as needed.
- Team with the Manager of Information Technology to research, test, and validate new software products prior to deployment.
- Assist with annual disaster recovery planning and testing.
|Description||Critical Success Factors|
|Planning and Organizational Development||Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Effective at planning ahead yet flexible with unexpected changes. Listens well and orientates quickly.||Self-confident and self-starting; focused, resourceful, and adaptable; makes timely decisions; at ease working with deadlines; delivers the objective.|
|Effective Communication||Proficient in all forms of communication. Ability to connect with colleagues from every level of the organization, contracted collectors, clients, consultants, and vendors. Create positive relationships at the organizational, contractor and vendor levels.||Listens well, interprets accurately, and responds appropriately; chooses the right way to say the right things.|
|Customer Service Orientation||Has a propensity for serving the needs of customers internally and externally.||Attentive and decisive; selfless; follows up and follows through; customer first focus.|
|Integrity and Reliability||Takes personal responsibility for job performance; strict adherence to company and client policies and procedures. Maintains high level of professionalism and confidentiality.||Positively responds to direction and constructive feedback; exhibits integrity and trustworthiness; makes informed decisions based on what is best for the company; punctuality at performing assigned duties; and holds themselves accountable for overall support experience.|
|Motivation for Achievement||Strong initiative; displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Generates ideas for improvement; initiates opportunities and recommends innovations. Goes above requirements; continually working toward exceeding expectations.||Stays on target of 90-day and annual goals, with motivation to exceed all objectives. Contributes to company success through continuous improvement. Seeks additional responsibilities and grows within the position.|
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Andrayana Estes, HR Generalist/Office Manager.
Drug Free Sport International does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.