NCAA Drug Testing Program Manager
Position Focus: The NCAA Drug Testing Program Manager is a key contributor to Drug Free Sport’s purpose of ensuring fairness in sport and health and safety for athletes with a passion to provide high level of service and commitment to excellence with the management of the NCAA’s drug-testing program. The NCAA Drug Testing Program Manager will operate in a fast-paced work environment, contribute with administration management, and effectively communicate with the client, collegiate representatives, independent contractors and colleagues to achieve any mission, any time, with zero fatal flaws. Contributions include drug-test scheduling and notifications; results reporting; processing of appeals; invoicing; supporting the vice president of collegiate and amateur sport and other department staff; and specimen collections.
Summary of Qualifications: To successfully perform this role, the individual must be analytical, an effective communicator, organized, detail-oriented and self-directed. He or she must uphold the company vision, possess strong integrity, and have a desire to serve our client, collegiate representatives, independent contractors and colleagues. Essential requirements are strong communication skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a time sensitive environment; highly credible and ethical; excellent customer service and problem solving skills; positive attitude; independent thinker; and proficient working with Microsoft Suite including intermediate level of Excel. The person in this role must have the minimum education level of a Bachelor’s degree. This position requires the willingness and ability to travel including weekends. Passing a pre-employment screening, including background check, drug test, transcript verification, and confidentiality agreement, is also a requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver excellent service to the client, collegiate representatives, independent contractors and colleagues.
- Manage the front-end administration support of the NCAA year-round and championship drug-testing programs including answer inquiries; coordinate testing schedules; reconcile laboratory invoices; team with senior program manager with editing manuals and collection data tracking; and provide drug-testing quality control and on-site testing services.
- Collaborate with the collector development department with management of NCAA operations including conducting review and updates of NCAA drug-testing standard operating procedures and operations resources; and communication of NCAA independent contractors’ needs.
- Support drug-testing results management including prepare results correspondence; and coordinate appeal documentation and conference calls.
- Attain certification to conduct specimen collections for client, and provide specimen collections as needed.
- Serve as backup in the absence of NCAA drug testing senior program manager.
|Description||Critical Success Factors|
|Planning and Organizational Development||Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Effective at planning ahead yet flexible with unexpected changes. Listens well and orientates quickly.||Self-confident and self-starting; focused, resourceful, and adaptable; makes timely decisions; at ease working with deadlines; delivers the objective with meticulous attention to detail.|
|Effective Communication||Proficient in all forms of communication. Ability to connect with colleagues, independent contractors, clients, consultants and vendors. Create positive relationships at the organizational, contractor and vendor levels.||Passionate about daily interaction with clients; listens well, interprets accurately, and responds appropriately by providing solutions; chooses the right way to say the right things.|
|Customer Service||Has a propensity for serving the needs of clients.||Attentive and decisive; selfless; follows up and follows through; ownership and delivery of tasks; client-first focus to enhance relationship.|
|Integrity and Reliability||Takes personal responsibility for job performance; strict adherence to company and client policies and procedures. Maintains high level of professionalism and confidentiality.||Positively responds to direction and constructive feedback; exhibits integrity and trustworthiness; makes informed decisions based on what is best for the company; and holds themselves accountable for overall NCAA client experience.|
|Motivation for Achievement||Strong initiative; displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Generates ideas for improvement; initiates opportunities and recommends innovations. Goes above requirements; continually working toward exceeding expectations.||Stays on target for 90-day and annual goals, with motivation to exceed all objectives. Contributes to company success through continuous improvement. Seeks additional responsibilities and grows within the position.|
Compensation and Benefit Highlights:
- Bonus eligible
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
The position will remain open until filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to the attention of Andrayana Estes at email.
Drug Free Sport does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.