Professional Sport Program Manager
Position Focus: The Professional Sport Program Manager is a key contributor to Drug Free Sport International’s and International Doping Tests & Management’s (DFSI-IDTM) purpose of ensuring fairness in sport and health and safety for athletes by managing the collection administration for several high-profile professional sport league’s drug-testing programs. Oversight includes scheduling collection crews in the United States and foreign jurisdictions; serving as an interpreter and liaison to teams operating in foreign jurisdictions; providing training and evaluations to collection crews located in the United States and foreign jurisdictions; and managing independent collection contractors and other operations of Drug Free Sport. Bilingual, fluent in Spanish/English preferred.
Summary of Qualifications: To successfully perform this role, the individual must be mature, accountable, attentive to detail, organized, and self-motivated. He or she must uphold the company vision, possess high integrity, and have a desire to serve our staff, contracted collectors, and clients to achieve any mission, anytime, anywhere. Essential requirements are strong communication and leadership skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a time sensitive environment; highly credible and ethical; excellent customer service and problem-solving skills including commitment to positively serve our clients and contracted collectors; positive attitude; independent thinker; and proficient working with Microsoft Suite including intermediate level of Excel. Willingness to travel domestically and internationally including upon short notice is required. The person in this role must have the minimum education level of a Bachelor’s degree and experience in athletic administration, and working knowledge of sport drug testing and prevention including a general understanding of professional baseball. Passing a pre-employment screening, including background check, drug test, transcript verification, and confidentiality agreement, is a requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent service to DFSI-IDTM professional sport clients and support internal colleagues as part of a team-centered work environment.
- Understands and applies quality principles to daily responsibilities; collaborates with others on quality objectives; and addresses nonconformities as appropriate through the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Responsible for professional sport drug-testing collection duties including:
- Provide support, including outside standard business hours, to clients and independent collection contractors during scheduled testing events.
- Perform selections of testing sites and schedule accordingly with appropriate site coordinators.
- Schedule testing sites with independent collection contractors.
- Coordinate, arrange and book travel.
- Oversee random selections of athletes.
- Communicate notification and roster needs with client site coordinators.
- Assist with annual drug-testing reports.
- Support the management of quality control for professional sports clients by maintaining daily communication with collection contractors in the field; monitoring compliance with client collection protocols; tracking shipments from the collection contractors to the applicable laboratory, verifying accurate and complete collection contractor reports and investigating discrepancies related to collection contractor data submissions.
- Administer collections as necessary.
- Travel as needed with little to no notice within the United States and to foreign jurisdictions.
- Answer scheduling inquiries from clients and independent collection contractors.
- Assist with the development and management of independent contractors including:
- Schedule drug tests and provide drug-testing information to collection companies.
- Review, edit, and update standard operating procedures related to the professional sports drug testing programs for collection companies.
- Coordinate as part of a team approach shipping and supplies including:
- Oversee professional sport client drug-testing supply inventory in conjunction with the Football & Supply Program manager.
- Oversee shipping and tracking of drug testing specimens from collectors to laboratories.
- Collaborate on special projects and tasks as needed.
|Description||Critical Success Factors|
|Planning and Organizational Development||Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Effective at planning ahead yet flexible with unexpected changes. Listens well and orientates quickly.||Self-confident and self-starting; focused, resourceful, and adaptable; makes timely decisions; at ease working with deadlines; delivers the objective with meticulous attention to detail; displays critical thinking abilities.|
|Effective Communication||Proficient in all forms of communication. Ability to connect with colleagues, clients, consultants and vendors. Create positive relationships at the organizational, contractor and vendor levels.||Passionate about daily interaction with clients; listens well, interprets accurately, and responds appropriately; chooses the right way to say the right things.|
|Customer Service Orientation||Has a propensity for serving the needs of clients.||Attentive and decisive; selfless; follows up and follows through; client first focus to enhance relationship.|
|Integrity and Reliability||Takes personal responsibility for job performance; strict adherence to company and client policies and procedures. Maintains high level of professionalism and confidentiality.||Positively responds to direction and constructive feedback; exhibits integrity and trustworthiness; and makes informed decisions based on what is best for the company.|
|Motivation for Achievement||Strong initiative; displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Generates ideas for improvement; initiates opportunities and recommends innovations. Goes above requirements; continually working toward exceeding expectations.||Stays on target for 90-day and annual goals, with motivation to exceed all objectives. Contributes to company success through continuous improvement. Seeks additional responsibilities and grows within the position.|
Submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to Andrayana Estes, HR Generalist/Office Manager.
DFSI-IDTM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.