Professional Sports Program Manager
Professional Sports Drug Testing
REPORTS TO: J.D. Matheus, Vice President of Professional Sports
Drug Free Sport, LLC, located in Kansas City, Missouri, is the premier provider of drug-testing services in sport, both nationally and internationally. Drug Free Sport is a client-centered company of highly trained and educated professionals dedicated to ensuring fair, ethical and safe competition in sport.
Bilingual, fluent in Spanish/English preferred. This position is responsible for managing the collection administration for several high profile professional sports league’s drug-testing programs including, without limitation, scheduling collection crews in the United States and foreign jurisdictions, serving as an interpreter and liaison to teams operating in foreign jurisdictions, providing training and evaluations to collection crews located in the United States and foreign jurisdictions, managing independent collection contractors and other operations of Drug Free Sport.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent service to Drug Free Sport professional sports clients and support other Drug Free Sport employees as part of a team-centered work environment.
- Responsible for the following professional sports drug-testing collection duties:
- Provide 24/7 support to clients and independent collection contractors during scheduled testing events.
- Perform selections of testing sites and schedule accordingly with appropriate site coordinator.
- Schedule testing sites with independent collection contractors.
- Coordinate, arrange, and book travel.
- Oversee random selections of athletes to be tested as part of drug testing program.
- Communicate notification and roster needs with client site coordinator.
- Provide assistance with annual drug-testing reports.
- Assist in the management of quality control for professional sports clients by maintaining daily communication with collection contractors in the field; monitoring compliance with client collection protocols; tracking shipments from the collection contractors to the applicable laboratory, verifying accurate and complete collection contractor reports and investigating discrepancies related to collection contractor data submissions.
- Administer collections when necessary.
- Travel as needed with little-to-no notice within the United States and to foreign jurisdictions.
- Answer scheduling inquiries from clients and independent collection contractors regarding the professional sports drug-testing programs.
- Serve as internal technical support for office equipment and SCAN3® proprietary software.
- Assist with the development and management of independent contractors.
- Schedule drug tests and provide drug-testing information to collection companies.
- Review, edit, and update standard operating procedures related to the professional sports drug testing programs for collection companies.
- Help coordinate the shipping and supplies (including inventory) related to the professional sports client drug-testing programs.
- Oversee professional sports client drug-testing supply inventory in conjunction with Program Manager.
- Oversee shipping and tracking of drug testing specimens from collectors to laboratories:
- Oversee instruction of drug testing collectors on appropriate specimen shipping procedures for weekend drug testing events (e.g., commercial airlines, local courier deliveries to laboratory).
- Oversee laboratory notification of shipment schedules and specimen tracking information as needed.
- Oversee the uploading and downloading of collection data from collectors into client and/or Drug Free Sport computer database.
- Provide assistance on special projects and tasks as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of professional sports operations.
- General knowledge of office operations.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills with Drug Free Sport employees and a variety of external constituencies.
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines.
- Maintain confidential records.
- Computer (Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite), telephone and communication technology skills.
- Ability to travel upon little or no notice within the United States and to foreign jurisdictions.
- Pass pre-employment screening including background check, drug test, transcript verification, and confidentiality agreement.
- Master’s degree.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
Drug Free Sport does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with contact information to Andrayana Getchell, Executive Assistant to the President/Office Manager at moc.t1500763907ropse1500763907erfgu1500763907rd@ll1500763907ehcte1500763907ga1500763907.