Quality Assurance Specialist
POSITION: Quality Assurance Specialist
REPORTS TO: John Luther, Vice President of Finance and Administration
Drug Free Sport, LLC, located in Kansas City, Missouri, is the premier provider of drug-testing services in sport, both nationally and internationally. Drug Free Sport is a client-centered company of highly trained and educated professionals dedicated to ensuring fair, ethical and safe competition in sport.
The Quality Assurance Specialist will be primarily responsible for auditing and evaluating the quality of internal and external drug-testing collection operations and administration. This position will also assist with other processes that monitor, measure, and evaluate operational, employee, and independent contractor excellence.
This position may require up to 60 percent travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent service to Drug Free Sport clients, and maintain strong, positive working relationships and communication with Drug Free Sport employees, independent contractors, laboratories, consultants, and other professional organizations.
- Assist with the development and management of the industry leading Drug Free Sport Quality Management System.
- Record and analyze raw data to identify trends and assess root causes.
- Solicit and manage performance feedback; assist with investigating issues and addressing concerns.
- Assess and maintain client evaluation entries.
- Plan, prepare, and coordinate internal and external audits.
- Record and report findings from audits and evaluations.
- Work closely with department leaders to extend concerns and findings throughout all client bases.
- Recommend improvements or changes, and oversee implementation of those action items in collaboration with other Drug Free Sport staff.
- Maintain and update quality assurance files; review files from other Drug Free Sport departments to ensure that they meet established standards and are updated as required.
- Work with staff from operational departments to accurately develop, periodically review and revise policies, procedures, and workflows as necessary.
- Assist with the management of a document control system, as well as the creation, modification, approval, and release of controlled documentation.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance staff, various staff members with quality assurance job functions, and all Drug Free Sport operational staff on quality initiatives.
- Provide assistance to Drug free Sport staff on special projects as necessary.
- Assist with training initiatives for employees and contractors related to quality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required in education, business, or related field.
- Willingness and ability to travel (both domestically and internationally).
- Extremely detail-oriented with ability to think analytically and solve problems creatively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, address urgent issues and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with excellent writing abilities.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proficiency with MS Office computer software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Pass pre-employment screening, including background check, drug test, transcript verification, and confidentiality agreement.
- Advanced degree.
- 2+ years’ work experience in athletics/sports quality control, education, sales, and/or compliance.
- Familiarity, working knowledge and/or certifications in quality management systems.
- Experience in sports, athletic administration, sports drug testing, and prevention.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with contact information to Andrayana Getchell, Executive Assistant to the President/Office Manager at moc.t1500763951ropse1500763951erfgu1500763951rd@ll1500763951ehcte1500763951ga1500763951.
Drug Free Sport does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.