Drug Free Sport International Career Opportunity – Director of Education
Thursday, October 24th, 2019
Position Focus: The Director of Education is a key contributor to Drug Free Sport International’s (DFSI) purpose of ensuring fairness in sport and health and safety for athletes with a passion to provide high level of service and commitment to excellence by managing all client and company education initiatives. The Director Education will operate in a fast-paced work environment, contribute with management of the education department operations, and effectively communicate with team members and clients to achieve any mission, any time, with zero fatal flaws. Contributions include development and implementation of evidence-based education programs and curricula; research, prepare and present information on supplements, alcohol and other drugs to athletes and athletic staff including coaches, trainers, and sports medicine personnel; and ensure DFSI maintains its reputation as a professional development resource in anti-doping and athlete wellness by leading the creation of education content and resources.
Summary of Qualifications: To successfully perform this role, the individual must be analytical and a critical thinker, an effective communicator, organized, self-directed, credible and ethical. He or she must uphold the company vision, possess strong integrity, and demonstrate a high level of professionalism, teamwork, creativity and energy. Essential requirements are effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a time sensitive environment; operational knowledge of Microsoft Office, the Internet and social media; and creative and dynamic presenter with demonstrated public speaking skills. The person in this role must have the minimum education level of a Master’s degree in nutrition (emphasis in sports nutrition preferred), exercise physiology, pharmacology, health education or related sports-sciences field; and have a background or experience conducting research on dietary supplements, herbal ingredients, pharmaceutical medications and other substances. This position requires the willingness and ability to travel including upon short notice and weekends (approximately 10 to 20 percent). Passing a pre-employment screening, including background check, drug test, transcript verification, and confidentiality agreement, is also a requirement.
Preferred qualifications include demonstrated knowledge and practical application of theories and principles of youth/adult education and curriculum development; substance use, addiction treatment, and/or psychology background and experience; experience with or working knowledge of sports drug-testing processes and protocols; participation in organized collegiate athletics; and operation knowledge of Adobe suite programs (e.g., InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain DFSI’s status as an Approved Provider of continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers (Board of Certification) and Registered Dietitians (Commission on Dietetic Registration).
- Plan, direct, and evaluate initiatives in professional development and education that meet the needs of sports medicine practitioners at all stages of their career life cycle.
- Utilizing research and data-driven methods in the design, implementation, and evaluation of educational offerings, including but not limited to in-person conferences, e-learning, and written resources.
- Attend relevant tradeshows to network and showcase DFSI’s education services.
- Remain knowledgeable and current on issues related to sports nutrition, dietary supplements, medications, performance-enhancing drugs and other banned substances, policy changes, and relevant trends via review of published research, use of evidence-based databases, active membership in professional associations in sports science disciplines, and collaboration with respected professionals and listservs that provide unique and trusted perspectives.
- Establish professional relationships with affiliated organizations and prospective education services clients to enhance outreach.
- Support Education staff by responding to dietary supplement and/or drug or substance inquiries from clients and their constituents/staff/athletes via the Drug Free Sport AXIS website.
- Develop and maintain annual budgets for all education services and programming. Provide necessary updates to executive staff as needed.
- Write articles and white papers on relevant topics for external publication and collaboration.
- Plan, market, and act as moderator for DFSI’s quarterly webinar series.
- Manage and coordinate the publication of DFSI’s quarterly newsletter, INSIGHT. Act as Editor-in-Chief in the planning and timely distribution of quarterly issues and contribute articles.
- Active participation as a member of the DFSI’s Speaker’s Bureau requiring travel, planning, and execution of presentations in front of athletes, athletic trainers, coaches, and other athletic department staff.
- Participate in Quality Management System (QMS) initiatives and entries as assigned, including providing quality-related performance and improvement feedback
- Apply quality principles to daily responsibilities; collaborate with other departments relating to quality objectives and address nonconformities as required.
|Description||Critical Success Factors|
|Planning and |
|Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Effective at planning ahead yet flexible with unexpected changes. Listens well and orientates quickly.||Self-confident and self-starting; focused, resourceful, and adaptable; makes timely decisions; at ease working with deadlines; delivers the objective with meticulous attention to detail; displays critical thinking abilities.|
|Effective Communication||Proficient in all forms of communication. Ability to connect with colleagues, contracted collectors, clients, consultants and vendors. Create positive relationships at the organizational, contractor and vendor levels.||Passionate about daily interaction with clients; listens well, interprets accurately, and responds appropriately; chooses the right way to say the right things.|
|Customer Service Orientation||Has a propensity for serving the needs of clients.||Attentive and decisive; selfless; follows up and follows through; client first focus to enhance relationship.|
|Integrity and Reliability||Takes personal responsibility for job performance; strict adherence to company and client policies and procedures. Maintains high level of professionalism and confidentiality.||Positively responds to direction and constructive feedback; exhibits integrity and trustworthiness; makes informed decisions based on what is best for the company; and holds themselves accountable for overall Sport Drug Testing client experience.|
|Motivation for Achievement||Strong initiative; displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Generates ideas for improvement; initiates opportunities and recommends innovations. Goes above requirements; continually working toward exceeding expectations.||Stays on target for 90-day and annual goals, with motivation to exceed all objectives. Contributes to company success through continuous improvement. Seeks additional responsibilities and grows within the position.|
Compensation and Benefits Highlights:
- Exempt, annual salary
- 37.5-hour work week
- Bonus eligible
- 401(k) Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
The position will remain open until filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to the attention of Andrayana Estes at moc.t1579488050ropse1579488050erfgu1579488050rd@se1579488050tsea1579488050.
Drug Free Sport International does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.