Career Opportunity: Education Program Coordinator
Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020
Position Focus: The Education Program Coordinator is a key contributor to Drug Free Sport International’s (DFSI) purpose of ensuring fairness in sport and health and safety for athletes with a passion to provide high level service and a commitment to excellence. The individual will operate in a fast-paced work environment, assist with the day-to-day support of DFSI’s educational resources including AXIS website and quarterly online newsletter INSIGHT; research and pursue educational programming leads; and become a content expert regarding health issues, supplements and the supplement industry to achieve any mission, any time, with zero fatal flaws. Contributions include managing DFSI’s AXIS by gathering, researching and disseminating accurate and current information on dietary supplements and other substances or methods intended for performance enhancement that are banned in sport; and assisting with all education platforms as needed.
Summary of Qualifications: To successfully perform this role, the individual must be analytical and a critical thinker, an effective communicator, organized, self-directed, credible and ethical. He or she must uphold the company vision, possess strong integrity, and demonstrate a high level of professionalism, teamwork, creativity and energy. Essential requirements are effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a time sensitive environment; operational knowledge of Microsoft Office, the Internet and social media; and creative and dynamic presentation with demonstrated public speaking skills. The person in this role must have the minimum education level of a Bachelor’s degree in a related sports-sciences field including nutrition (emphasis in sports nutrition preferred), exercise physiology, biochemistry or pharmacology; and have a background or experience conducting research on dietary supplements, herbal ingredients, pharmaceutical medications and other substances. This position requires the willingness and ability to travel (approximately 10 percent). Passing a pre-employment screening, including background check, drug test, transcript verification, and confidentiality agreement, is also a requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent service to DFSI clients and maintain strong, positive working relationships and communication with clients and employees as part of a team-centered work environment.
- Understand and apply quality principles to daily responsibilities; collaborate with others on quality objectives; and address nonconformities as appropriate through the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Support AXIS by:
- Responding to dietary supplement, drug or substance inquiries in a timely manner from clients and their constituents, staff and athletes.
- Maintaining accurate data collection and records for telephone and Internet inquiries and responses.
- Remaining knowledgeable and current on issues related to sports nutrition, dietary supplements, medications, performance-enhancing drugs and other banned substances, and policy changes.
- Following relevant trends by reviewing current published research, use of evidence-based databases, active membership in professional sports-science associations, and collaboration with respected professionals and relevant listservs.
- Maintaining a resource of articles, research and studies related to AXIS topics, and disseminate those findings to AXIS clients.
- Writing articles on AXIS topics for DFSI’s INSIGHT and other applicable publications.
- Remaining knowledgeable and current on substances banned by all sport governing bodies and updating AXIS clients to important changes as necessary.
- Assist with DFSI’s Speaker’s Bureaus by:
- Marketing and coordinating educational program for athletes, coaches, athletic trainers, and other athletic department administrators and staff.
- Follow marketing and program plans in alignment with DFSI’s mission and vision, and the Education Department’s strategic plan.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with sport organizations to enhance outreach of all DFSI education services including AXIS.
- Team with Business Development by:
- Attending relevant tradeshows to showcase DFSI educational resources including AXIS and Speakers Bureau.
- Maintaining and supporting ongoing and new DFSI educational services and products.
- Support the Education Senior Program Manager with planning, marketing and moderating (as needed) for DFSI’s webinar series.
- Contribute with the publication of DFSI’s quarterly newsletter INSIGHT including coordination of content, articles, editing, publishing and dissemination.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Description||Critical Success Factors|
|Planning and Organizational Development||Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Effective at planning ahead yet flexible with unexpected changes. Listens well and orientates quickly.||Self-confident and self-starting; focused, resourceful, and adaptable; makes timely decisions; at ease working with deadlines; delivers the objective with meticulous attention to detail; displays critical thinking abilities.|
|Effective Communication||Proficient in all forms of communication. Ability to connect with colleagues, clients, consultants and vendors. Create positive relationships at the organizational, contractor and vendor levels.||Passionate about daily interaction with clients; listens well, interprets accurately, and responds appropriately; chooses the right way to say the right things.|
|Customer Service Orientation||Has a propensity for serving the needs of clients.||Attentive and decisive; selfless; follows up and follows through; client first focus to enhance relationship.|
|Integrity and Reliability||Takes personal responsibility for job performance; strict adherence to company and client policies and procedures. Maintains high level of professionalism and confidentiality.||Positively responds to direction and constructive feedback; exhibits integrity and trustworthiness; and makes informed decisions based on what is best for the company.|
|Motivation for Achievement||Strong initiative; displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Generates ideas for improvement; initiates opportunities and recommends innovations. Goes above requirements; continually working toward exceeding expectations.||Stays on target for quarterly and annual goals, with motivation to exceed all objectives. Contributes to company success through continuous improvement. Seeks additional responsibilities and grows within the position.|
Compensation and Benefits Highlights:
- Exempt, annual salary
- 37.5-hour work week
- Bonus eligible
- 401(k) Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
The position will remain open until filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to the attention of Andrayana Estes at *protected email*.
Drug Free Sport International does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.